Rheumatic diseases are diseases that are chronic and reduce the quality of life of the person when left untreated. The most successful results in rheumatic diseases that do not have a definitive treatment are obtained with physical therapy. “Rheumatological rehabilitation”, which is one of the sub-units of physical therapy and rehabilitation, increases the quality of life of the person by strengthening the muscles.
Ankara rheumatologic rehabilitation; It helps to reduce pain caused by many diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, artosis, fibromyalgia, etc. When done regularly, it allows the joints to relax. In the continuation of our article, you can find more detailed information about rheumatological rehabilitation. You can contact Specialist Dr. Nural Aydın for rheumatological rehabilitation in Ankara.
What Are Rheumatic Diseases?
Rheumatic diseases; are diseases that occur as a result of problems with the immune system or various damages. The most obvious symptom is intense pain and soreness in the muscle and joint areas. Rheumatic diseases are chronic diseases. So they go on for life. There is also no known, definitive treatment. For this reason, the person needs treatments that support the joints such as physical therapy in order to relieve pain and continue their daily life more pleasantly.
What are the Symptoms of Rheumatic Diseases?
- Rheumatic diseases are diseases that are characterized by intense pain, especially felt in the joint areas. Common symptoms of rheumatism:
- Pain in one or more parts of the body, joints
- Decreasing pain with increased movement at rest
- Sensitization of joints to the touch, pain
- As a result of immobility, damaged joints become stiff and feel uncomfortable
- Reduction of pain, albeit for a short time, after light exercises. But increased pain after long-term, heavy exercise
- Increased pain due to increased pressure and humid climate
- Temporary reduction of pain with the application of cold
What we have listed above are the general and common symptoms of rheumatism. Depending on the cause of its occurrence and the living conditions of the person, some of these symptoms may be in the foreground. Or some symptoms may not be felt at all.
How are Rheumatic Diseases Diagnosed?
Priority in the diagnosis of rheumatic diseases; is the evaluation of a specialist doctor. Depending on the patient’s complaints, help can be obtained from different examinations. Rheumatic diseases can be diagnosed by examining the systemic musculoskeletal system, opening of joints, muscle strength, posture and gait analysis. If necessary, additional examinations can be used.
How are Rheumatic Diseases Treated?
The main purpose of the treatment of rheumatic diseases is; is the relief of symptoms. Thanks to regular exercise, orthotics and assistive orthopedic devices, the patient’s complaints can be significantly reduced. However, one of the most important things to pay attention to at this point is exercise. Not every exercise is enough to reduce the complaints caused by rheumatism. It is necessary to exercise with the right techniques, at the right frequency. For this, physical therapy is often recommended to the patient. Rheumatic rehabilitation; It is the branch of physical therapy that is only specific to rheumatic diseases. For this reason, it ensures that rheumatism patients get the most efficient results from the treatment.
With Rheumatological Rehabilitation;
- Limitation of movement can be prevented.
- The intensity of the pain sensation can be reduced or its frequency can be reduced.
- Joint and muscle movements are supported.
- Muscles that lose strength due to rheumatism are allowed to gain strength.
- The patient’s current state of health is improved.
- Depending on the reduction of pain, the quality of life increases and the person can fulfill their daily responsibilities more comfortably.
Ankara Rheumatological Rehabilitation
In order to get the best results from rheumatological rehabilitation, it is important to correctly assess the patient’s condition. In this process, it is also necessary to inform the patient about the course of the disease. Thanks to the healthy information communication provided between the physical therapist and the patient, it is possible to reduce the symptoms of rheumatism. In this process, personalized exercise plans can also be made by physical therapists. Thus, the muscle activity of the person can be ensured for a longer time and the frequency of pain can be reduced.
For more detailed information about rheumatological rehabilitation practices in Ankara, you can contact the clinic of Specialist Dr. Nural Aydın; you can make an appointment.